What if your child is overweight ? Many mothers are in a difficult position when they want to help your kids manage their weight, they want health care, encouraging them to eat well, but at the same time feeling fatal to deny that child foods that do not prevent other children.
The first thing to do when looking overweight in a child is going to the doctor for this, putting on weight, height, age and sex to tell us if your weight is appropriate. In the event that it is not, we should NEVER put a child's diet without instructions from the doctor, and we follow their guidelines, because the performance depends both on the level of overweight and the child's age.
But there are things we can do for ourselves, and that will be fundamental to stay healthy: establishing healthy habits. If you teach your child to eat healthy and exercise , you will be laying the groundwork for weight control.
How to set up these healthy habits?
First of all, the main thing is that in addition to introducing these healthy habits, your child feel loved and accepted. We tend to think that before adolescence, children have no major problems with its image, but in many cases, an overweight child knows he is. Listen to your insecurities and let him know that you is unique and special.
That said, there are a number of measures that can help control weight:
- Family meals with the TV off: a family meal helps establish good eating habits and avoid binge eating.
- Always have fruit varied at home, so you can choose the one you like.
- Avoid snacks and refreshments at the snack , offer him these products in a very casual, daily fruit, yogurt and fresh bread sandwiches.
- Watch who eat breakfast: if you start the day by eating less than it would be up, it will spend the day snacking, and generally unhealthy things.
- Do not bring fast food restaurants, the ideal is that when you eat evitéis family fast food restaurants, or at least, we feel encouraged to ask for more healthy options menu (salads, for example).
- Avoid saturated and trans fats, choose healthy fats such as fish or olive oil.
- Put small portions on their plate: if you want more, ask. Sometimes, without realizing it, we serve our children rations "of old."
- Do not use any food as a reward or punishment, give him a message that some foods are more valuable than others.
- Tell your child the importance of carrying out a varied and balanced diet for health care.
- Make exercise a family: you can plan for active leisure activities for weekends, and it is important that all could participate. For children, parents are the prime example, and you will see sports understand that he must also do so.
- Stir in a formal class sports such as football, basketball, tennis, swimming, karate, dance or any other activity you enjoy.
- Set a time limit for watching TV or playing computer games, and do not let you eat while doing this.
It is very healthy habits, which should be implemented regardless of the weight of your child, but especially when there is overweight.
childrenweightcontrol com children weight control
ChildrenWeightControl.com. Related Searches: Sponsored Listings. Associated Sites. Search: .
win publication helping your overweight child
Here are some other things a weight-control program should do: Additional Reading From the Weight-control Information Network. Helping Your Child: Tips for Parents is a .
win publication helping your child
Do not put your child on a weight-loss diet unless your health care provider tells you to. The Weight-control Information Network (WIN) is a national .
how to control your child's weight ehow com
How to Control your Child's Weight. You have just returned from a visit with your child's pediatrician and were informed that your child is overweight for his age. .
children's weight control audio program download programs
Audiobook and Video download megastore. Health, Business, Lifestyle, Children's Interests, Travel, Sport and more!.
your child's weight help your child with successful weight
A child with weight problems faces serious medical, emotional, and social consequences. Help your child with the challenge of weight control by being a positive role model. .
top tips for weight control in children
You can't expect your child to eat sensibly and exercise With weight control for kids, prevention is far better than cure. If you can begin with your child as you .
what age should children start thinking about losing body weight
A look at the best age to start weight loss in children to tackle being overweight in adulthood. Should parents change a childs diet and exercise program at early age?.
weight control for children the ultimate weight loss plan
Weight Control For Children. Weight loss for children can be can be done in way that does not effect their.
how to get control of an overweight child ehow com
How to Get Control of an Overweight Child. A recent study from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey shows that 17% of children ages 2 to 19 are .