It is first necessary to visit a doctor beforehand to check our health and take precautions in case they are needed.
It is advisable to seek advice from a professional sports and physical activities you want to perform.
- Perform a good warm up.
- Use the recommended footwear for each sport specialty, which must be comfortable, not too loose or too tight.
- Use socks or stockings.
- Ensure that the laces are tied.
- Do not chew gum while doing sport, since it would be in danger of choking.
- If the sport involves a contrioncante, do not use watches, chains and rings to avoid hurting a partner or opponent.
- Use the recommended protections for every sport helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, goggles, shin guards, etc.
- Maintain basic hygiene such as not wearing the same clothes twice without washing it (and the sweat carries toxins), air sports shoes, shower after sports practice and clean clothing.
- Eating a good diet, hydration and rest.
- If you lift weights, do it with your back straight.
- Use the proper technique for each sport, a bad performance can give us problems such as tendonitis, sprains, etc.
- Avoid habits such as alcohol, snuff, drugs or poor nutrition.
- In the case of asymmetric sports practriquen at the end of each training state is advisable to work clearing exercises with the other leg or the other arm.
- If you are untrained, and went through an injury, do not look what you did when you were in shape. Adapt the activity to your conditions and age.
- After each workout, stretching exercises and relaxation.
preventing children's sports injuries
Participation in sports can teach kids sportsmanship and discipline. But sports also carry the potential for injury. Here's how to protect your kids..
five ways to avoid sports injuries
Sports injuries often can be prevented. Find out how in this article for kids. Take these five steps to prevent injuries so you can stay in the game: .
welcome to the coalition to prevent sports eye injuries
The Coalition To Prevent Sports Eye Injuries was created to substantially reduce the number of avoidable eye injuries that occur in today's sports .
how to prevent sports injuries
How to Prevent Sports Injuries. Tips you can use to stay safe whatever sport you play. By Research provides us with helpful clues about the cause of sports injury. .
children's sports injuries treatment and prevention
How to Prevent Children's Sports Injuries. Childhood sports injuries may be inevitable, but there are some things you can do to help prevent them or treat them quickly..
news in health june 2009 national institutes of health nih
Fortunately, you can prevent many sports injuries by taking some simple Head injuries are the most serious of the sports-related injuries, and although .
sports injury prevention
the Top Sports Performance. Professionals and How They Prevent. Sports Injuries The Expert Coaches of the Sports Injury Prevention Inner Circle are available directly to .
sports health and safety consumer focus fcic
To make sure you can enjoy sports for a long time, you need to take care of yourself Prompt treatment can often prevent a minor injury from becoming worse or causing .
prevent sports injuries in children
Prevent Sports Injuries in Children. Research has shown that people who suffer a joint With our youth participating in sports -- and some of them competing .
fast facts about sports injuries
"Sports injuries" are injuries that happen when playing sports or exercising. Prevent Sports Injuries? These tips can help you avoid sports injures. .